Sunday, March 21, 2010

A View from the Bridge


Before anything else, I have to say that I saw Scarlett Johansson today :)

Scarllet and Liev Schreiber (pictures below for those of you not connecting the names with the faces) are performing on Broadway with the play "A View From the Bridge" from American playwright Arthur Miller.
The play is about life of a family in an immigrant neighborhood in New York, and depicts the drama of that family when their orphaned niece decides to get married to an Italian illegal immigrant.
It is an interesting play and I think my mother would have liked it because it is very similar to the plays and immigrant themes she used to teach in school.
I have to say that I preferred Liev's performance than Scarlett's...but it's her Broadway debut, so let's not be too hard on her.

Liev Schrieber

Scarlett Johansson

No comments: