Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break in Brazil

Hello all!!

Last week I didn't have classes, it was our Spring Break (I know, it's not Spring yet, but that's what they call it!).

I went to Brazil to work on a project for school. I was basically helping an American organization create a network of companies in Brazil that in their business strategy engage with people of low income.
I had meetings there at banks, at a cosmetics production and distribution company and at a pulp and paper company. These meetings were all in Sao Paulo.

Of course I had some time to have some fun. For that I got out of Sao Paulo, and went to Rio de Janeiro and to Santos.

Night out at the Sky Bar in Sao Paulo, with the people from the class "Brazil Global Immersion" from our school - these guys had classes about the Brazilian economy, and then went there on a field trip

Me at the Christ Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro

Ipanema beach in Rio de Janeiro

By coincidence my friend Ibrahim from Lisbon was working in Rio, my friends Sanja and Dragana from Croatia were also there on holidays so we all went out together for dinner

Rashi and Mara from my working team at the Sao Paulo market


The highlight of the trip was going to Santos (on the coast of Sao Paulo) and meeting the family I have there. I had only seen them once and it was 17 years ago in 1992.
On my side is my cousin Chico (he is a 1st degree cousin of my mother). On his left hand side is his wife, Rosemary. The two other girls are their daughters and my cousins. On the left side is Mariana and on her right is Luciana. Luciana is pregnant and is having her baby Luisa in June.

No comments: