Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Challenge

Last Thursday when having a Happy Hour with some International Students, I started talking with Gustavo (one of the other Portuguese who came to Columbia) about how great New York is for running/jogging.

What happened?

Well, we ended up toasting to the objective of running New York's Half Marathon next year. Later when Rui Silva (a Portuguese friend who came to NYU) and Luis (another Portuguese who came to Columbia), got the news they decided to also join the challenge.

I already did my first jogging exercise here in the city, and ended up running/walking for 11kms. Which is quite good. However, the 21 kms of the half-marathon still seem a huge challenge.
I can always argue that we agreed on the promise toasting with beer ... which leaves me less responsible for our judgments.

No comments: