Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sweet Caroline ... Pa Pa Pa

Last Friday I was walking downtown from Times Square with Rui Silva, when we passed by Madison Square Garden.

Guess who was in town?

The one and only, Neil Diamond.

Rui said he was a big fan. I know some of his work, and I quite like it. However the tickets seemed expensive (55 dollars plus taxes and service fee). Luckily, there is this site called Ticket Liquidator, which sells cheaper tickets when available, and we ended up getting tickets for $26.

The concert was great.
The venue (Madison Square Garden) is quite impressive on itself: huge and very tall. However, there is always a good sense of proximity with the stage.
Neil is a good "stage animal", we can easily see that he has been around for 30 years. His songs are great and very catchy, and his supporting band was also very lively.
He played most of his hits (at least the ones I know) like: Cherry, Cherry ; Holly, Holly ; I Am ... I Said ; Sweet Caroline ; I'm a Believer ; etc.

I will leave you some pictures (taken with my cell phone) from the concert.

MBA orientation starts today (Sunday) at five o'clock with a welcome dinner. Wish me luck!


No comments: