Sunday, September 20, 2009

One week in Portugal

Back in March, when I was trying to organize my Summer calendar, I knew that between the end of my internship and the start of MBA for 1st year students (for which I had to be here, because I was helping organize it), I would only have one week. So the question was, is it long enough to go to Portugal and spend that much money on a plane ticket...
The conclusion was that a Summer without being in Portugal in August, going to the beach there and bathe in the cold water and have some grilled sardines with corn bread at night, would not be a real Summer. So I decided to go!
Due to time constraints, I had to rush in everything I did, and did have much time to be with friends. However, some of my family from Canada was there for their holidays, and we decided to take one day to go to Vale do Douro, the valley where the vineyards for Port Wine are located, and do a boat cruise there.

The boat docks in Peso da Regua

The "stairway" vineyards along the Douro Valley

The connection system in one of the dams

My aunt, uncle and cousins

No comments: