Monday, September 28, 2009

U2 concert @ Giants Stadium

Last Thursday I had the chance of finally seeing live in concert U2.
It has been years since I have been wanting to see them live (something I didn't manage to do in 2005 when they went to Portugal), and when the New York date for the 360 Tour was announced, I made sure I got some tickets.My friend Lidia from Portugal was there with me.

I have always liked most of their songs, especially their greatest hits, but it was when I bought their Live at Slane Castle DVD, that I realized how amazing Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam are on stage. In my opinion they are currently the greatest rock band.

This week it was announced that they will be playing next year in Coimbra, Portugal, in the second part of the 360 tour.

The first part was done by Muse, which was a pleasant surprise.

Here are some pictures from where I was standing. You can see how impressive the 360 stage is.












Set list of the concert (9/24/2009 - Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey)

  1. Breathe
  2. Get On Your Boots
  3. Mysterious Ways
  4. Beautiful Day / She's A Rainbow (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
  5. No Line On The Horizon
  6. Magnificent
  7. Elevation
  8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
  9. Unknown Caller
  10. Until The End Of The World
  11. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
  12. The Unforgettable Fire
  13. Mofo (snippet) / City Of Blinding Lights
  14. Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
  15. Crazy Tonight / Miss You (snippet)
  16. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
  17. MLK
  18. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
  19. One / Amazing Grace (snippet)
  20. Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)

  21. Encore(s):
  22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
  23. With Or Without You
  24. Moment of Surrender

2 comments:

Just a boy walkin' around... said...

Everyone here is crazy with them. The tickets established sold out time records.

Just a boy walkin' around... said...

Everyone here is crazy with them. The tickets established sold out time records.